where’s the vine of that deer that doesn’t want to get put down
Aug. 28 5:41 pm
- 19 days late but Hillary Clinton finally comments on Ferguson and she didn’t victim blame or use false racial equivalences. She called out social injustices and the frayed relationships between police and community members. She even addressed white privilege and institutional racism. Good commentary but poor timing and lack of genuine feeling. Clinton’s statement (x)
- 900,000 signatures calling for justice
- 5 protesters sue police for $41.5M over arrests
- Audio of the murder of Michael Brown aired by CNN has been authenticated.
"Defendants took up arms and, in militaristic displays of force and weaponry, engaged U.S. Citizens as if they were war combatants," the suit claims.
WASHINGTON — A multi-million dollar lawsuit was filed in federal court in Missouri on Thursday, seeking compensation for “excessive force” by the police in Ferguson, Missouri, in the days after the shooting of Michael Brown.
According to the suit, the excessive force included false arrest, assault and battery; led to intentional infliction of emotional distress; was the result of negligent supervision and discipline; and resulted in a violation of the plaintiffs’ constitutional rights.
The lawsuit, filed by three out-of-state lawyers — including Malik Shabazz from Black Lawyers for Justice, who participated in the protests in Missouri — seeks multi-million dollar judgments against the City of Ferguson and St. Louis County, as well as one specific ands several unknown officers on behalf of Tracey White, Dewayne A. Matthews Jr., Kerry White, Damon Coleman, and Theophilus Green.
In addition to the city and county, the chief of both city and county police are named as defendants, as is Justin Cosma, a police officer with the Ferguson Police Department.
Source: Chris Geidner for Buzzfeed News
your fave is problematic: judas iscariot
im feeling weird and tried to delete my twitter because i didnt feel comfortable with my avi, but i couldnt figure out how to do it so whatever o ever o
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson